Sunday 2 December 2012

Journal Entry 2

Journal Entry 2
I start liking the book more and more. I think it is very exciting and I like how I can experience what Baby does and how she manage her life. I think she does it quite well for such a young girl. She has to change her usual home a lot and that makes her feel uncomfortable and unsafe. She hangs out with boys a lot in the foster home and with Felix when she lives at his house. I guess it is very hard to have no mother figure, no siblings and she is never safe where she is and it could be that she has to move soon. That is why she cannot feel home at Felix house I think. I think the saddest thing is that her father is heroin addicted, that’s the main reason why she cannot stay with him anymore and he cares for her, but maybe not enough, because if she would wanted the best for her, he should stay with her and protect her. I think it is so sad, when she visits him in the hospital and she is so jealous to Oliver, because it seems that Oliver knows his father better than Baby does, and the two ignore Baby when they talk. I feel so bad and sorry for her, because a little girl like her should just be loved and she should not think about things like drugs and what they do to people and how people act when they are addicted and in therapy. Also it’s so sad when she says that people used to say that Jules and she have the same laugh and they walk similar. But Jules gives up his personality and he did not noticed that she wore the cute shirt and he did not wanted the tape, because it reminded him at old times and he did not wanted to be reminded at old times. Baby is afraid that Jules would give her up to. But no father would give up her daughter. The saddest sentence is when she says “I wished that I was on drugs too”. Because if she knew how badly it is to be addicted she would not say that. In some kind of way I think Baby is the adult in the relationship between her and Jules, because Jules is addicted and he doesn’t know to distinguish between bad and good and it seems to me that Baby should show him how to live a normal live but she cannot, because she is a child. Maybe that’s the reason why she is calling Jules Jules and not Dad, because he is not serious and responsible enough to be called dad.

Lotte

No comments:

Post a Comment