Thursday 13 December 2012

Review responce,by Mia.
To begin,I just really like how Babys young life is described as a "bruised childhood",I feel its very accurate,Baby in many ways,I feel didn't exactly have a childhood, left to raise herself,also by the time Baby is 13,she still carries dolls with her,but has an extensive knowledge on "urban cruelties". Those ways of descrbing Babys life(up to now) I feel are accurate.
I agree with what the author had sayd about Baby cherishing little bits of happyness that she feels throught her life, she dosen't dwell and stay stuck when bad things happen to her,she looks ahead to when good might happen.
The review gets into how Jules takes better care of his heroin addiction than Baby,which is true,but Jules,isn't all there,Jules is a slave to heroin, I feel Jules dosen't exactly have a large place in Babys life,but defenatly both of Babys parents are in,one way or another,absent.
I agree that Baby is a "blooming beauty", and that Alphonse,a local pimp,with many girls around his finger,certantly has his eye on her.
It gets so bad that even Jules notices,he tryes to step in,but fails,(I don't really think he has much of say in Baby's life anyways,maybe if they would have had a better,closer,relationship,it woulden't have happend)
I like how in this review it says Babys realizes that the power to save herself,and make something out of her life,rests in her hands, because Baby does somehwat relaize that,throught the novel.
I think it maybe should have gone into details about why Baby realizes that.
I think Baby realizes her life is in her hands,in small parts, such as,when she knows Jules is not there for her when she needs him, going to juvie,going to the foster home,being second to heroin, and all throught the book,those are just a few.
Good review.
Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment